Happy Wodin’s Day, Folks! Time for another Ten Things post, and this one features a first time guest on The Write Stuff, author Yvette Calleiro. I hope you’ve been enjoying this series as much as I have been, and I’m absolutely sure this will be another post you’ll love! Take it away, Yvette!
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me
by Yvette Calleiro
- I am an Army brat. I was born in Germany and have lived in five U.S. states and two other countries. I’ve settled in Miami, Florida, but I do my best to escape during the summer months to explore our great country.
- I am an empath with a strong sixth sense and a loud inner voice.
- I have a goal to see all 50 states in the USA before my son graduates from high school. After this summer’s road trip, we will only have three states to go!
- I was named after the actress, Yvette Mimieux. Although my parents are both Cuban Americans, my mother chose the French spelling of Yvette. I’ve spent most of my life having to spell out my name because the majority of people around me want to spell it with an I (Ivette).
- I am an intensive reading teacher at a middle school. My first twenty years were spent teaching reading at a high school. I’ve been teaching the middle grades for five years now, and I love it.
- I love being surrounded by nature. My sanctuary is the beach, with the forest being a close second. I enjoy camping, kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking, and bike riding, so long as I’m out in Mother Earth’s element.
- I am highly allergic to mosquito bites, and I’m a mega-magnet for them. Of course, this does not mesh well with my love for nature. My favorite bite repellants are coconut oil and a lemon-eucalyptus blend that I found.
- I am a firm believer in holistic wellness. I use homeopathy and kinesiology to keep my body healthy and balanced. I do my best to eat organic (or at least, non-GMO). I also enjoy EFT (emotional frequency tapping) to calm my nervous system.
- Music tends to be background noise for me. As a child, I could sing along to everything on the radio and would collect records and tapes and listen to them all day long. As an adult, I only listen to music in the car. I prefer silence over sound.
- The two books that got me hooked forever on reading were The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien and My Sweet Audrina by VC Andrews. The Hobbit opened up the world of fantasy for me, and I’ve never left. My Sweet Audrina fascinated me with the depth of character development, and I continue to crave more about the human psyche.
Author Yvette Calleiro
Yvette M. Calleiro is a heavily addicted reader of both young adult and adult novels. She spends most of her time pseudo-living in paranormal worlds with her fictional friends (and boyfriends). She’s also been known to ride the stationary bike at her gym for hours while reading anything from paranormal to fantasy to suspenseful thrillers.
When she’s living amongst real people, Yvette M. Calleiro is a middle school Reading and Language Arts teacher. She’s been sharing her love of literature with her students for over twenty years. Besides writing about the various characters that whisper (and sometimes scream) in her head, she enjoys traveling, watching movies, spending quality time with family and friends, and enjoying the beauty of the ocean.
Yvette lives in Miami, Florida, with her beautiful son who allows enjoys paranormal and adventurous stories. She also shares her space with an assortment of crazy saltwater animals in her 300-gallon tank.
Buy Yvette’s Chronicles of the Diasodz (5 Book Series) HERE
Buy Yvette’s Short Story, Breathless, HERE
Reach Yvette on Social Media Here:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/yvettemcalleiro
Twitter – https://twitter.com/YvetteMCalleiro
Website – http://yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com/