Running so late I almost decided not to give this a go today, but then realized that even one or two good laughs can brighten someone’s Monday. So, with that in mind, here ya go! A little bit of nostalgia for ya! 😀
And yes … Please set phasers to LOL!
(Or to GROAN, whichever works best for you.)
Some oldies but goodies today.
After all, a few things bear repeating now and then.
😀 😀 😀
Okay, two humans, two dogs, two cats,
and back where we started with a roller coaster. It’s only fitting!
Happy Monday, Y’all!
Nothing makes Monday easier than a good laugh or two.
Hope you find some new ones in these!
And that’s it for today, folks.
I. Am. OUTTA HERE!
😀 😀 😀
BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID.
THEY’RE COMING, I TELL YOU! GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!
TOO LATE! THEY’RE HERE!
WAITING IN LINE TO BUY TICKETS
LEAD SINGER’S GIRL OF THE WEEK
COULDN’T GET A TICKET
WHAT’S ALL THE FUSS ABOUT?
NEXT YEAR, I’LL BE OLD ENOUGH TO GO, TOO!
And there you have it for this Monday!
Just one for you today, but it’s a goodie! Since Monday’s memes are usually writing/reading related, this infographic fits the bill, and is extremely interesting, as well as amusing! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! 😀
Sometimes Monday’s writing memes are funny, and sometimes they are inspiring. Hope today’s are food for thought!
And there you have it, my friends!
Have a great Moon’s Day and an even greater week!
Some of you may have seen a few of these, but they are too good not to pass along. Hope they make you laugh as hard as I did!
😀 😀 😀
Funny Similes & Metaphors
- Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.
- His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.
- He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.
- She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli and he was room-temperature Canadian beef.
- She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.
- Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.
- He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree.
- The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife’s infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge-free ATM.
- The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.
- McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.
- From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you’re on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30.
- Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.
- Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.
- They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resembled Nancy Kerrigan’s teeth.
- John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.
- He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the East River.
- Even in his last years, Grandpappy had a mind like a steel trap, only one that had been left out so long, it had rusted shut.
- Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
- The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.
- The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.
- He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame, maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.
- The ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.
- It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.
- He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a garbage truck backing up.
- Her eyes were like limpid pools, only they had forgotten to put in any pH cleanser.
- She walked into my office like a centipede with 98 missing legs.
How about a little wordplay to get your week off to a happy start? Nothing like a few signs of the times to give me a giggle, and I hope they’ll do the same to you! Enjoy!
😀 😀 😀
HAPPY MONDAY, FOLKS!
Okay, maybe not quite time for sparkling and shining, but how about
smiling or laughing? That’s doable, right? So have at it!
Being a huge believer that duct tape can fix anything, that last one is my personal favorite. 😀 Hope you found a couple you enjoyed, too! And there you have it for this week, folks. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Moon’s Day!
A few more just for grins and giggles!
(Sorry if some of these are repeats, but then again, a good meme
is always worth seeing again!)