The Write Stuff is a user-friendly place for authors and readers to talk to each other, make new friends, and share resources, links, ideas, and excerpts. Contributors can originate new posts without going through me, whenever they have news to share or questions to ask. Promote your work here to your heart’s content. New releases, book tours, interviews, sales…whatever is important to you at the moment. Everyone can comment on any post, of course, but to become a contributor, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get you started. But FIRST . . .
Please read the following General Blog Rules, #FirstLineFriday Giveaway Instructions and the #ShareAReviewDay Instructions for submitting information to me.
GENERAL BLOG RULES:
This is meant to be a safe place, controversy-free.
1. No politics here, please (even if your book is political, which is fine if the title isn’t inflammatory)
2. No overtly religious discussions. (This doesn’t mean you can’t say “Blessings” to someone. Just that we aren’t going down a road sure to be controversial for some.)
3. No overtly erotic excerpts, or X-rated titles, please. Sexy is fine, but let’s keep it within reason.
4. Mild swearing is allowed, but nothing hair-raising, please. (Asterisks will work if you are posting an excerpt containing stronger language.)
5. Play nice. Respect each other.
Fridays are now Book Trivia Days, starting with #FirstLineFriday. Here are the details:
- At 8:00am EST each Friday, I will post the opening line of a famous book. The quiz will remain open until I’ve received 5 correct answers or until 12:00pm EST, whichever comes first.
- If you recognize the line, email me with the title and author of the book it comes from before 12:00pm EST, which I believe is 5:00pm in the U.K.
- Email only, thanks. Please do not post your answer in the Comments section.
- The first 5 folks to email in that time frame will win a download of any one of my books, either for themselves or someone else of their choosing. (NOTE: If you’ve already read all of my books, you may also choose to get a credit for a free download of my next release.)
- If you live outside the U.S., Amazon will not allow me to gift you directly, but I will happily send you the book via a PDF or Mobi file, your choice. Either can be read on your Kindle.
- NO GOOGLING allowed, please. (Honor system, here).
- At 12:00pm EST, submissions will close, and I will announce the winners of the contest. Easy-peasey!
Tuesdays are now #ShareAReviewDay on The Write Stuff. I am very happy to help you put your favorite reviews of your own work up on my blog to help others find your books. My only requirements are the following three things:
- Send me the items listed below in the formats requested so that I can get your posts scheduled promptly. Email them to: email@example.com
- Please find time to engage with those who comment on your post, even if it’s just a quick thank you. It’s only polite, and readers will remember your friendliness.
- And let’s all remember the PAY IT FORWARD rule. Try to stop by on Tuesdays when you can, and share the reviews of others. That’s how it all works. 🙂
If you are willing to do those three things, when possible, I’ll be pleased to do my part to help promote your books via the words of your own readers and fans.
**Here Are the Things I Need From You**
*Your Cover Image & Author Photo submitted as SEPARATE jpgs or pngs*
A Word Document which contains the following:
- The Review you wish to share (with link if it isn’t an Amazon review)
- Your Book Blurb
- Your Author Bio
- Your Buy Links
- Your Social Media links
- Your Contact info
That’s it. Thanks for taking part in #ShareA Review Day. If you have any further questions, please email me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of all, enjoy what you find on The Write Stuff, and share it far and wide. We’ll all do the same for you.
That’s about it! Thanks for visiting, and have fun!