Good Morning, Everybody! It’s time for another special guest here on The Write Stuff, for our newest feature. Please help me welcome Lynda Lambert today, with her Ten Things List. I think you’ll really enjoy this one, especially if you haven’t met Lynda before. And on that note, Lynda–take it away!
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me
by Lynda Lambert
- Lynda is not my birth name. I changed my first name, from Linda to Lynda, when I was a teenager. Editing and tweaking language has always been fascinating to me.
- This year, I received *Special Mention for a Body of Work” by Proverse (Hong Kong).
- The editors chose six of my most recent poems for for this award in the new Mingled Voices5 Anthology published April 26, 2021. Proverse Jurors selected my poetry for four of the five anthologies published annually. I read one of my poems for the spring opening reception to launch the new anthology in Hong Kong. I chose to read “Preparations for a Virtual Spring Salad.” https://www.amazon.com/Mingled-Voices-International-Proverse-Anthology/dp/988849225X
- When I was sixty years old, I got my Pennsylvania motorcycle driver’s license.
- However, at age sixty-four, I lost most of my sight and had to give up riding my motorcycle, The Blue Dragon. The license plate on my bike was “Blau” – which is “blue” in German.
- We have six cats that are all rescued as feral cats. And we have two dogs, also rescued after they were abandoned by thoughtless owners.
- Recently I found a letter that confirmed my first published story. The date on that letter is June 8, 1981, from the American Cage-Bird Society, Chicago, IL. The letter states, “Enclosed is a small token of thanks for your intriguing article in the April 1981 issue of ACBS.” I wrote a story about how I tamed my rare and wild red-bellied macaw, Beaver. A photo features Beaver and me. I used to have fifty birds in my home.
- I create mixed-media fiber art – talismans and wall works. My art is in exhibitions and in collections internationally. Below this list are two First Place Winners at In Sights art exhibitions in Louisville, KY.
- My husband and I celebrated our 60th wedding anniversary in April 2021.
- We have 5 children – 3 daughters are biological; 1 son is adopted from Vietnam; 1 daughter is adopted from Korea.
Saying Farewell to Blau
Author Lynda Lambert
Pennsylvania author/artist, Lynda McKinney Lambert (b.1943) writes award-winning books, thoughtful personal essays, and spare poems.
Lambert lives and works in rural western Pennsylvania in The Village of Wurtemburg. Lynda authored 5 books and her work appears in a number of prestigious anthologies in the US, UK, and Hong Kong.
Lynda creates art and writings from the inspirations of her life-experiences of teaching, travels, and her home life in a century-old home located in the historic Germanic village where her ancestors lived for generations. Her home is situated on a ridge overlooking the 50-mile long, Connoquenessing Creek where she lives with her husband, Bob, and their rescued dogs and cats. They tend their traditional Zen Meditation Garden year-round. They walk their dogs in the woods and observe the life-cycle and passing seasons of natural elements in their world.
Lynda is a retired Professor of Fine Arts and Humanities, Geneva College, Beaver Falls, PA. With her extensive background in Fine Arts, English Literature, and Humanities, she creates mixed-media fiber art for exhibitions and her writings that are published internationally. Lynda has been called “A Renaissance Woman” by a number of editors.
Lynda’s First Place Winners at In Sights exhibitions in Louisville, Kentucky:
You Can Buy Linda’s Books HERE
And you can read a Smashwords Interview with Lynda HERE
Visit Lynda on Facebook HERE