Happy Wodin’s Day, folks! It’s time again for another Ten Things post, and I know you’ll enjoy today’s guest, Sharon Marchisello. Please help me welcome Sharon to her first visit on The Write Stuff. Sharon, it’s your turn now: take it away!
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me
by Sharon Marchisello
- I was born a Yankee, but I grew up in Texas–and no one ever let me forget that I was a Yankee!
- When I was a little girl, I dreamed of becoming the first woman president. I’m not into politics, but I’ve been president of my Toastmasters club and my Sisters in Crime chapter.
- I earned my Master Gardener certification in Fayette County, Georgia, but please don’t look at my yard as an example of my work.
- Thanks to a Rotary scholarship, I lived and studied in Tours, France, for a year when I was in my twenties. I keep in touch with many friends I made over there and still speak passable French.
- Despite a fear of public speaking, I earned my Distinguished Toastmaster award from Toastmasters International. (I’m still not crazy about public speaking, but I can do it.)
- I love animals. If I’m honest, I probably like them better than most people.
- I love to travel. My husband and I have taken over 60 cruises and visited over 100 countries. Can’t wait for this pandemic to be over so I can visit more places on my bucket list.
- Although I love to read, I’m very slow. I learned to read aloud, and I still stumble over words I can’t pronounce. But reading slowly helps me be a good editor/proofreader.
- Even before I could put pencil to paper, I told stories. I wrote my first novel when I was still in high school. It wasn’t very good.
- Math was my least favorite subject in school, but I enjoy playing the stock market, belonged to an investment club for five years, and I manage all our household finances.
Author Sharon Marchisello
Sharon Marchisello is the author of two mysteries published by Sunbury Press. Going Home (2014) was inspired by her mother’s battle with Alzheimer’s disease. Secrets of the Galapagos (2019) deals with mayhem on a Galapagos cruise.
Besides novels, Sharon has written short stories, travel articles, corporate training manuals, screenplays, and book reviews. Her blog, Countdown to Financial Fitness, and nonfiction book, Live Well, Grow Wealth, deal with personal finance. She earned a Masters in Professional Writing from the University of Southern California and is an active member of Sisters in Crime.
Sharon grew up in Tyler, Texas, and earned her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Houston in French and English. Retired from a 27-year career with Delta Air Lines, she now lives in Peachtree City, Georgia, and does volunteer work for the Fayette Humane Society.
Buy Sharon’s Books HERE
Find Sharon on Social Media HERE:
http://sharonmarchisello.blogspot.com/ (Personal Finance blog, Countdown to Financial Fitness)