Well, folks, Life has thrown us a curveball once again, and it includes some pretty bad news, I’m afraid. My husband Mark tested positive for COVID this morning, and I’m still trying to get my head around what all this might mean.
The good news is:
- We’ve both had our shots, which can mean milder cases with less severe symptoms for many people.
- They are setting him up to receive the IV medication that can also reduce the severity of symptoms.
- Mark is incredibly healthy for his age (72) and almost never gets sick. (I think it’s been at least ten years since his last common cold.)
- He only developed symptoms last night, which we hope means I may not come down with this, too.
- He’s now isolated in the master bedroom for 10 to 14 days, depending on what other symptoms, if any, he develops. Again, this may help keep me safe.
The Bad News is:
- It’s COVID. Who really knows what will happen now?
I’m letting you know this is going on because I have no idea at all what the next week or two will bring for either of us, and if I disappear for a bit, you’ll know why. I WILL try to keep you updated as to how things are progressing. And all positive thoughts, prayers, healing energy, wizardly magic, and plain ol’ best wishes will be gratefully accepted in the meantime.
Thanks!! And please, STAY SAFE out there! 🤗 ❤