Once again, another Wednesday has rolled around, and it’s time for a new Ten Things list. This one is from author Deborah Jay, a friend who lives in Scotland (ooooh … men in kilts!) and I think you’re going to enjoy it a lot. With that in mind, I’m turning the floor over to her without further delay. Take it away, Debby!
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me
by Deborah Jay
- Although I work professionally as a trainer of dressage horses, I have competed in a wide range of other horse sports, including long distance riding, horse trials (eventing), show jumping, showing classes, and side-saddle competitions.
- I am a total Lord of the Rings geek, and when I visited New Zealand, I took a 2-week tour visiting filming locations, some of which were only accessible by helicopter.
- I once modelled nude for a life class for the local art school.
- I can’t cook. I love to eat, but someone else has to produce it!
- I was an official at the London 2012 Olympics.
- A few days before the UK’s first Covid lockdown I achieved my dream house move, and now live full time in the Scottish Highlands, about 15 miles from Loch Ness.
- We adopt and foster rescue dogs with behavioural difficulties that mean they don’t fit into regular homes.
- I have been a passionate flower gardener for some years. Now I’m learning to grow vegetables as well.
- My hair really was ginger when I was young. Now it takes regular dying to keep it this way.
- My real name is Deborah Judith Lush. Hence I used my middle initial to come up with my pen name of Deborah Jay.
Debby Outside Sam & Rosie’s Hobbit Hole
Author Deborah Jay
Deborah Jay writes fantasy and urban fantasy featuring complex, quirky characters and multi-layered plots – just what she likes to read.
Fortunate to live near Loch Ness in the majestic, mystery-filled Scottish Highlands with her partner and a pack of rescue dogs, she can often be found lurking in secluded glens and forests, researching locations for her books.
She has a dream day job riding, training and judging competition dressage horses and riders, and also writes books and magazine features on the subject under her professional name of Debby Lush.
A lifelong fan of science fiction and fantasy, she started writing her first novel aged eight, and has never stopped. Her first published novel is epic fantasy, THE PRINCE’S MAN, first in the Five Kingdoms series, and winner of a UK Arts Council award. #2, THE PRINCE’S SON and #3, THE PRINCE’S PROTEGE are both available with the concluding book in the quartet, THE PRINCE’S HEIR, due out in 2021.
Her first urban fantasy, DESPRITE MEASURES, about a Scottish water sprite, is the opening novel of the CALEDONIAN SPRITE SERIES. The companion short story, SPRITE NIGHT is available FREE on most ebook retailers.
BUY DEBORAH JAY’S BOOKS HERE:
Amazon author page: https://viewAuthor.at/DeborahJay
REACH DEBORAH ON SOCIAL MEDIA HERE:
Newsletter sign up and FREE short story: http://eepurl.com/bPZcmT