Sometimes it takes a while to get here, but sooner or later, it’s Friday again, and time for another #FirstLineFriday quiz. Today, I’ve picked an opening line which amuses me, and I’m going to enjoy seeing how many of you recognize it. Let’s play!
As always, the rules are simple:
- Be one of the first five people to email me before the game ends at 4:00pm, with the title and authorof the correct book.
- Do not reply here on the blog.Email only: email@example.com
- Honor System applies. No Googling, please.
- Submissions end at 4:00 P.M. EST, or when I receive 5 correct answers, whichever comes first.
- Winners who live in the U.S.may request a free download of any one of my books for themselves, or for someone of their choice. OR, if they’ve read all of the offered books, they may request a free download of my next publication.
- Winners who live elsewheremay request a PDF file of the same books, since, sadly, Amazon won’t let me gift you from the site.
And now, the moment you’ve been waiting for! Here’s today’s opening line:
“You will rejoice to hear that no disaster has accompanied the commencement of an enterprise which you have regarded with such evil forebodings.”
There you have it. Remember, email answers only, please. Thanks! And now off I go to await your guesses.