Yep, it’s Friday again, and time for another #FirstLineFriday quiz. I’ve chosen something I think might be easier for some of you, but then again, I’ve never guessed right about that yet, so why would it happen today? 😊 Once again, I hope you enjoy this chance to study another opening line considered to be one of the greatest in many Top 100 lists!
As always, the rules are simple:
- Be one of the first five people to email me before the game ends at 4:00pm, with the title and author of the correct book.
- Do not reply here on the blog. Email only: email@example.com
- Honor System applies. No Googling, please.
- Submissions end at 4:00 P.M. EST, or when I receive 5 correct answers, whichever comes first.
- Winners who live in the U.S. may request a free download of any one of my books for themselves, or for someone of their choice. OR, if they’ve read all of the offered books, they may request a free download of my next publication.
- Winners who live elsewhere may request a PDF file of the same books, since, sadly, Amazon won’t let me gift you from the site.
And now, the moment you’ve been waiting for! Here’s today’s opening line:
“To the red country and part of the gray country of Oklahoma, the last rains came gently, and they did not cut the scarred earth.”
Remember, email answers only, please. Thanks! And now off I go to await your guesses.