There are many things I could reflect upon today, thinking back over the last year, but I find I’m not really in the mood for reflection. I’m in the mood to look ahead, hoping that 2020 is a great year for all of us. With that thought in mind, I decided to share some advice I gave myself a couple of years ago, and that I enjoy passing along from time to time, in case anyone else needs encouragement. Some of you may have read these words before, but I think they bear repeating now and then. Reminders never hurt, right? Especially at the dawn of a new year.
For others, maybe you’ll be inspired to take that first step toward a new goal or two. This could be the year you stop thinking about it and DO it, you know. And that’s what I’m wishing for everyone with a dream they haven’t dared to follow.
MAKE 2020 THE YEAR YOU
GO FOR IT!
- Don’t think you can’t. You can.
- Don’t wait for permission. You don’t need it.
- Don’t wait for the time to be perfect. It never will be.
- Don’t let age or lack of experience slow you down. The first is irrelevant, and the second will disappear as you make progress.
- Do get up every day with the knowledge that your dream is worth the effort.
- Do work hard. There are no shortcuts.
- Do keep an open mind. There may be a better way to accomplish your goal.
- Do remind yourself of your dream daily. Post It notes, memes, whatever it takes.
- Do love what you’re doing. A labor of love is always the most rewarding work.
- Do aim for your very best work, and never settle for less.
Remember, one idea, one step, one thing gained at a time, and before you know it, the mountain has been climbed, and the dream has become a reality! 🙂 ❤
Happy New Year!