Today’s Wednesday, folks, and you know what that means, right? Right! Another Ten Things post, this time featuring Sarah Brentyn, who, bless her heart, has sucked up her courage and presented us with the ten things she wants everyone to know about her.
(Brace yourselves! 😀 ) You’re on, Sarah … take it away!
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me
by Sarah Brentyn
Ten juicy, little secrets about myself? Ooh… You all are simply dying to know these things. Your curiosity is palpable. I can feel it through the screen. I will put you out of your misery (and bring you into mine).
- I still believe in fairies. (We have fairy doors in our home and build fairy houses in our yard. Though they don’t look as nice as the ones you’re imagining, believe me. Trying to duplicate a beautiful fairy house is like trying to bake a panda bear cake from Pinterest—it turns out looking much like a squashed beetle.)
- I have two tattoos. They are not in naughty places—sorry. Ankle and back, I’m afraid. Nothing to see here. Move on.
- I fell off a stone at Avebury and landed in nettle. (And took my dear friend down in the process. In fairness to me, I did warn her something like this might happen but, alas, she didn’t believe me. So that’s kind of on her. As were my feet.)
- I love essential oils and use them almost every day. Lavender is my go-to, can’t-live-without oil.
- I prefer paperback books and am nuts about the condition of them. After I’ve read them, you basically can’t tell I’ve even breathed on them. The spines aren’t creased, the covers aren’t wrinkled, and the pages aren’t crinkled. They’re in mint condition and, yes, yes I do sniff my books (my precioussssss…). Also, I rarely never lend them to anyone. (See previous precious parenthetical.)
- I got stuck in a phone booth in Paris with a mime outside. (Don’t ask me about this in the comments. I mean, honestly, why would you want to make me relive that kind of pain? That’s just mean.)
- I have a bag in my car at all times filled with blankets, clothing, and coffee shop gift cards so I can give items or food to someone who needs it.
- I love herbal tea. I have so much that it takes up two shelves in my kitchen and I buy it in bulk. Fun fact, for those who don’t already know this, herbal “tea” is not tea (because it’s not made from tea leaves).
- My natural hair color is (was) blond but I colored it brown. When I became pregnant, I stopped coloring my hair (thinking the blonde roots would grow in and I’d look a bit like a skunk) and it grew in almost the exact shade of brown I was coloring it. (Except for my purple streak…that’s still colored. And wicked cool.)
- I’ve worked as a bartender, a cocktail waitress, and a beer girl. (I’ve had other jobs but these are ones you probably didn’t know about and, maybe, didn’t want to. But there you go.)
Here are two bonus facts about me you’ve already figured out (if you’ve been paying any attention to this list): I am a commaholic and have a deep and abiding love for alliteration and parentheses. (Also, I’m very, very bad at math. Those are three facts.)
Author Sarah Brentyn
I wrote my first story when I was nine years old and never looked back. My work has appeared both in print and online in lit mags, newsletters, websites, newspapers, and anthologies. I have a master’s degree in writing and have taught all ages, from Kindergarteners to adults. When other girls dreamt of being a ballerina, I dreamt of scribbling my thoughts in a notebook and turning them into a book. I bleed ink.
Buy Sarah’s books on Amazon HERE
You can reach Sarah on Social Media HERE:
Books: Hinting at Shadows | On the Edge of a Raindrop
Website: Sarah Brentyn
Blog: Lemon Shark | Lemon Shark Reef